Wednesday, May 19, 2010

A Mellow Day

Things have calmed down quite a bit at work. I'm not saying that things are steady yet since the majority of the day was still shrouded in chaos; but it's a start. The ending of the day was significantly softer than Monday's "cluster-F sudden death don't ask me anything because I just don't know or care" atmosphere. I'm on a new schedule this week which involves me pretty much four days in a row and I have to say I do enjoy it a lot more than the day on/day off routine of before.

For one reason tonight I close and tomorrow I open which basically means that I'm not walking into anybody's mess and my workload is done and complete. I hate leaving people problems so if I have something that can wait the only person I'm putting it off on is myself. I wish other people were as considerate but that's another story for another time. Also amazingly enough we left on time today. I wasn't running like a maniac trying to finish shelving an order because nobody else could be bothered to do it that day. I can honestly say that I had a good day at work. While there were still a number of crackheads walking through the door and the final minute of our pharmacy being open involved a woman doing an Olympian pole-vaultesque leap to the pharmacy; it was a good day.

Yesterday was also a very productive day for me. I managed to do a lot of cleaning and get stuff straightened out in my disaster zone of a room. This weekend the planned project is to paint the outside of the house that is starting to weather. This involves climbing on top of the roof and hanging over the side or balancing myself on top of a ladder. I am totally aware of the fact I'm gravity's bitch, so I'm pretty sure this might not turn out too well.


Until next time,

Peace & Love & Beer

Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment